
Much like our long awaited nuptials - after dating for 5 years - after 8 years of marriage, we've decided to jump into the pool of parenthood. Needless to say, we're excited at what God has done, but terrified at what's coming in the future. At least I am. I think Ed started out terrified and is now thinking this progeny thing is pretty cool.
We removed the "goalie from the net" last March and took a "Let's wait and see" attitude. We weren't really trying, but we weren't really not either. Meanwhile, I was having other female issues that were conveniently being addressed and investigated by similar methods, to - tada - fertility. So after a sonogram and sonohystogram, and over 6-8 months of "not trying", my doctor recommended a hysterosalpingogram (I think that's how you spell it??) to make sure that my issues weren't stemming from blocked tubes. Which, the often seen result of a successful HSG, is, you guessed it, conception. Turns out I was a little blocked and had I not had the "issues", would not have known it for some time longer. So - YAY GOD!!
Ok - so I'm betting THAT was too much information. I'm good at that. If it is TMI, let me know. I really don't know unless you tell me! :)
We will be 11 weeks on Wednesday. The whole world now knows. I'm still a little nervous. We heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks which was AMAZING, but until I hear it again at 13, I'm still being cautiously optimistic. For whatever reason, this all seems too good to be true and I've read too many sad stories. So, I'm just praying and being thankful for every pregnancy symptom I have going - constant nausea, heartburn and others that I'm sure I'll bring up later, but just not there yet.
I've not had a meltdown yet, but my morning "clothes crises" that occurred prior to not being able to fit in my pants, will surely escalate to full meltdown before long. I'm not big enough for the maternity clothes yet, but too big for any of my pants to not have the elastic band trick. :)
So, I better go for the night. I'm pretty wiped out. This blog is for all our family and friends - especially those that aren't on Facebook - that are so far away. We love you dearly and covet your prayers --
1. For a healthy pregnancy with no complications.
2. For peace and faith that God is looking out for our little
3. For wisdom - that God would provide us the grace to raise our children to seek Him.
4. For wisdom - that I would know how far to push/not push my workouts. I want to stay in the best shape I can be for the baby, but want to be smart and not risk my health or the baby's.
Thank you all. Hugs and Kisses!
No comments:
Post a Comment