Thursday, July 1, 2010

Too long!

It's been way too long between posts. So... sorry y'all!

It's been a busy couple of weeks since our last post - 

1. We took a big ole road trip with mountain bikes to Bend Oregon for our good friend Joy's wedding. We got to spend 5 days on the road and there together and had a blast. We mountain biked - the trails were literally a mile up the road from the house we rented - ate, people-watched and Ed enjoyed his favorite non-Billings brewery - Deschutes. The theme for the people watching was typically of the "Angry Hippie" variety, and lots of fun.



2.I got back from Bend and then hopped a plane the next day for Dallas and College Station, TX for a whirlwind trip for work. Not a good idea and I don't recommend that to anyone.

3. And then finally last weekend was the 24 Hours of Rapelje mountain bike race. We were on a team of 5 - each person would take turns doing a lap. Ed did 3. I wasn't on the team, but Sarah's back was bugging her, so I did her lap on Sunday.  I felt good and set a really good time - especially for being 16 weeks pregnant!!  Lots of fun, but not much sleep!



SO now we come to this weekend - 4th of July Weekend. Fireworks in Laurel. Ed and I both have the Monday afterward off to relax... sounds like fun!

Our 17 week appt for the wee baby is this upcoming Tuesday. We don't get to do an ultrasound yet (BOOOO...), but we'll get to hear the heartbeat again and check up on some other things. While the nausea has finally passed (praise Jesus!), my ankles have started swelling a bit if I've been on my feet for any long period of time. It's not bad.

The bump is definitely there now, but since I work with engineers, it's surprising the number of people that still haven't noticed yet. :) 
 
Until next time! :)

No comments: