"Kate: Did you ever play with magnets? You push them around, and they pull away. And all you really had to do was flip them over and... and suddenly... Don't you see? That's why everything has been so awful. All we needed was a little flip!"
Dated from 1997 and tied the knot on June 1, 2002. First day of hurricane season. Always thought that was kind of funny.
The adventure we've been on since then has been nothing shy of astounding. Leaving everything we knew to take our chances out west. This place is beautiful - harsh and beautiful - all at the same time. I'm always reminded of Third Day's "These Thousand Hills" while driving through the mountains. And there's nothing like putting on some old school Celtic music while driving through the valleys and ranch land during the spring time when everything is green and luscious.
Photo: T. Whitfield
There are a few things I would trade - too short summers, blinding snow and harsh winds, but the double and triple rainbows, approaching thunderstorms, green valleys and majestic mountains tend to always put this place more on the positive side than the negative.
Photo: T. Whitfield
It's helped determine who we are as a couple and where God wants us to go. And that we're still figuring out. I think we always are. This baby is a big part of that. It's much like moving out west. A big unknown full of beauty - sometimes a little harsh - but with God written all over it.
Last week we had our 13 week check-up. Ed went with me to this one and met Dr. Molloy. I was nervous, even though I'd heart the heartbeat at 9 weeks, you always just wonder. Not only did we hear the heartbeat, but the doctor said it was REALLY strong - 162 bpm. This Whitfield is going to be tough. Girl or boy. It has to be - it's gonna be born the first Montana Whitfield. With lots of adventures still in store.
Whether that's here for the first few years, or down on the farm fishing with their Papa, planting flowers with Grandma, or playing in the woods in Connecticut with Nana and Grandpa. I'm excited for THEIR adventure.


No comments:
Post a Comment